Job Title: Regional Facilities Manager – Southern Region – To include, Exeter, Bristol, Southampton, Lewisham, Cardiff.
Line Manager: Head of Estates
• Head of Estates
• Operational Support • Resident Managers
• Assistant Managers
Job Purpose / Summary:
To Coordinate the Facilities Team within your region ensuring that they and you maintain the Residences and plant fabric to the highest possible standards within budget limits and maintains the buildings in a fully operational mode. To ensure you are operating within key parameters.
Core Accountabilities & Performance Indicators
These indicators are what the Company can expect to see when the role is being performed to the required standard.
To ensure that all the Southern Facilities Team care for the fabric of the building to ensure that all facilities and studios are in full working order.
- To ensure that the facilities technicians with your team work to the guidelines set out.
- To produce a report from the maintenance dashboard and liaise with the site Facilities Technician to ensure all studios and facilities are available for let.
- To liaise closely with site team to ensure up to date communication and understanding.
- To implement and operate planned preventative maintenance Scheme in co ordination with the site Technician including daily, weekly, monthly and annual plans.
- To care for all Plant and Machinery across your region and ensure that you are hitting your compliance targets
- To ensure that all Life Safety internal testing is carried out across the region and that all assets are in working order
To liaise with all outside contractors in regards to onsite works and obtaining quotations for remedial works.
- To co-ordinate priorities with Head of Estates and plan workloads and prioritise. To control and monitor outside contractor’s repair work to ensure value for money, health and safety compliance and quality of work.
To ensure your facilities team are providing a first class service to residents. • All technicians to be trained and this training to be ongoing to ensure that they are anticipating residents needs where possible and react to those needs to enhance resident satisfaction.
- Ensure the company and legal standards for are maintained within the department.
- Ensure that your team are correctly uniformed in line with Company standards and understand the importance of high personal hygiene standards.
- Ensure that the team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to residents and colleagues at all times.
- To ensure you and your team are fully conversant with the facilities, services whenever appropriate.
- Be aware of your responsibility for the security of residents and the property across your region.
- Ensure that the Company’s brand and service standards are adhered to at all times/
Monitor and control key departmental costs and controls.
- To oversee your regions spends on both contracted and repairs against budget to ensure that as part of your KPI’s you are coming in on budget. Liaising with your
- To ensure that your team undertake a monthly stock check and that supplies remain at correct levels throughout.
- Ensure that you and your team control departmental costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies.
- Maintain financial awareness across your region and understanding of how the your role and the role of your team impacts the profit and loss account and the business as a whole.
- To ensure the Company Health and Safety, COSHH legislation are adhered to across your region; this may involve action and appropriate training.
To identify, provide and evaluate departmental learning and development.
- To Co ordinate new team members staff inductions and ensure they are carried out to the set company standard.
- Attend regular 1:1 meetings and ensure regular communications about your region are held with Head of Estates.
- Devise, agree and action training plans for your region department, in co ordination with the facilities team.
- To utilise and incorporate all internal learning and development tools.
- Complete statutory training as required by company policy and procedures.
- To ensure that 3 Regional Days are held throughout the year, to cover a Company Update, training and development.
To ensure co-operation and compliance with all legislation relevant to your role. • Ensure that you and your team attend all H&S and Fire Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
- Ensure that while you and your team undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe systems of work appropriate to your role.
- In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
- Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
- To have a complete understanding of accommodation and Company procedure in the event of a fire at each of your residences.
To support the accommodation in the achievement / maintenance of quality assurance.
- To assist in the activity of quality assurance.
- To attend meetings and carry out agreed actions
- To ensure all your FT monthly checks are completed in the agree timescales
- To ensure your FT PPM calendar check are completed in line with agreed timescales
Competency Framework for Reginal Facilities Manager
- Flexible and adapts quickly and positively to new situations keeping emphasis on a balanced approach
- Thinks ahead and develops contingencies
- To be first point of call out of hours.
- Communicates clearly and openly both verbally and in writing
- Pitches information at the appropriate level
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Participates in meetings and communicates information appropriately.
- Looks for fresh ideas and encourages creative thinking in the team
- Turns good ideas into realistic solutions, recognises and utilises ideas
- Collects and analyses relevant and accurate information about a problem.
- Make conscious decisions to take actions.
- Accepts responsibility for making things happen.
- Constantly reviews in order to improve.
- Effectively delegates to get things done.
- Presents powerful arguments which persuades others
- Has a positive profile through networking and developing positive working relationships at all levels.
- Gains commitment to action from a range of people, presenting a balanced and business focused approach.
- Open and honest
- Treats people fairly/Respects confidences
- Adheres to legal obligations
- Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
- Organised and uses a systematic approach.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Motivated, self-reliant has drive and determination to succeed.
- Meet deadlines and delivers agreed objectives by prioritising and managing tasks through to completion.
- Motivates and inspires their team to perform and ensure goals are achieved.
- Supports, develops, coaches and develops others
- Train and develop team to meet business needs.
- Demonstrates management and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of Human Resource management.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting Company and resident’s needs is required by all employees.