Contract (Per Week): 45 hours
Vita Student Management seeks experienced, but above all passionate, people to uphold aspirations.
Customer service skills are pre-requisite to our success, but you’ll also need to maintain compliance with varying legislation, procedures and best practice while maximizing rental income and reducing operating costs.
A hands-on attitude, coupled with strong communication skills and the ability to continually develop your team are key to the success of this role.
· Responsible for the financial performance of the residence
· Manage the sales and marketing of your residence, ensuring it starts the academic year fully occupied
· Adhere to robust rental collection procedures, targeting zero arrears for the full year
· Organise social events, overseeing local implementation of a centrally planned calendar
· Provide support to brand marketing campaigns
· Maintain health and safety compliance
· Manage and maintain the property to brand standards, procuring the necessary goods and services
· Initiate and nurture close links with universities and other educational institutions
· Assist recruiting and managing the on-site accommodation team
The ideal candidate will:
· Be an experienced, energetic, and enthusiastic manager with experience in a customer facing industry
· Be able to influence and develop relationships with both internal colleagues and external clients
· Possess high personal standards and attention to detail
· Possess excellent planning and organisational skills
· Be highly self-motivated and flexible
· Be passionate about going above and beyond for the residents
· Creative and imaginative when it comes to organizing events
What we offer
· Employee discount schemes - 100s of discounts through our online benefits platform
· Pension scheme
· 28 days holiday each year including the Bank Holidays (pro-rated)
· Your birthday day off
· Recognition programmes
· Opportunities for career progression
· Team parties/events
· Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 for our team members to call and get support and advice on any issues they may be experiencing.
About Vita Group
Founded in 2013, Vita Group started as one man’s mission to revolutionize student accommodation in the U.K. Uninspired by characterless halls with no real attention to detail or focus on providing an environment for students to succeed, Mark Stott wanted to re-address the balance, put the students first, giving them the best start possible to ‘Begin Big.’
Starting with Vita Student Liverpool, over the last decade Vita Group has regenerated neighborhoods, creating thriving communities and remarkable new places.
Now Vita Group has evolved into an intelligence driven platform creating tomorrow’s city living. It’s represented by four unique lifestyle brands, in 23 locations, across 13 cities and with residents from over 100 countries.
It’s urban living reimagined and it’s constantly evolving thanks to the insights and data being generated through the platform. They in-turn help to create new services, experiences, and communities. The mission: create environments in which people can flourish. A platform to thrive.
Vita’s principal commitment to its people is to inspire and empower and it’s something the business is deeply passionate about. Hiring the very best people and enabling them to perform at the very best of their abilities.
Vita’s nurturing environment encourages colleagues to develop, perform and excel at what they do and provide plenty of opportunities for career progression.
A team of creative and innovative thinkers, Vita recruits’ people who share this thinking, bringing new ideas to the table and solving problems.
No matter what the role is, or the unique skills needed to fulfil it are, our team always look for individuals who share the group’s values:
Good – The simplest value to uphold. Be good at what you do and be a good person. Acting with good intentions and integrity in everything you do. This caring nature brings teams closer together, supporting each other through challenges.
Positive and Passionate – The positive impact we have on our residents’ lives should never be underestimated and we ask that all colleagues bring a positive mindset to work and are passionate about what they do and the impact they make.
Striving – ambitious, raring to go and driven to do their job
Ready to communicate – to be a great team player, you must be able communicate effectively, this means talking and listening with paid respect.
Foresight – always helping to drive the business forward and think ahead
N.B. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, which will include verification of rights to work in the UK and employment history, as well as a Disclosure and Barring Service check.