Contract: Full-time (Monday-Sunday availability)
This is a very hands-on role where we are seeking an individual with technical knowledge and practical experience seeking to be upskilled. As a company we like to ensure that we complete as much maintenance work as possible internally, providing a friendly, quick and efficient service to our residents.
· DIY (plumbing, painting, decorating, joinery) for all communal spaces and studios as required
· Ongoing prompt management of building facilities, either by carrying out the works yourself or by external contractors
· Maintaining residence to brand standards
· Ensuring compliance when responding to identified maintenance faults
· Manage record the routine testing, servicing, maintenance, and risk assessment of all aspects of the property
· Managing all supplies and works within budget
· Provide excellent customer service as a member of the residence management team
What we offer
· Employee discount schemes - 100s of discounts through our online benefits platform
· Pension scheme
· 28 days holiday each year including the Bank Holidays (pro-rated)
· Your birthday day off
· Recognition programmes
· Opportunities for career progression
· Team parties/events
· Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 for our team members to call and get support and advice on any issues they may be experiencing.
About Vita Group
Founded in 2013, Vita Group started as one man’s mission to revolutionize student accommodation in the U.K. Uninspired by characterless halls with no real attention to detail or focus on providing an environment for students to succeed, Mark Stott wanted to re-address the balance, put the students first, giving them the best start possible to ‘Begin Big.’
Starting with Vita Student Liverpool, over the last decade Vita Group has regenerated neighborhoods, creating thriving communities and remarkable new places.
Now Vita Group has evolved into an intelligence driven platform creating tomorrow’s city living. It’s represented by four unique lifestyle brands, in 23 locations, across 13 cities and with residents from over 100 countries.
It’s urban living reimagined and it’s constantly evolving thanks to the insights and data being generated through the platform. They in-turn help to create new services, experiences, and communities. The mission: create environments in which people can flourish. A platform to thrive.
Vita’s principal commitment to its people is to inspire and empower and it’s something the business is deeply passionate about. Hiring the very best people and enabling them to perform at the very best of their abilities.
Vita’s nurturing environment encourages colleagues to develop, perform and excel at what they do and provide plenty of opportunities for career progression.
A team of creative and innovative thinkers, Vita recruits’ people who share this thinking, bringing new ideas to the table and solving problems.
No matter what the role is, or the unique skills needed to fulfil it are, our team always look for individuals who share the group’s values:
Good – The simplest value to uphold. Be good at what you do and be a good person. Acting with good intentions and integrity in everything you do. This caring nature brings teams closer together, supporting each other through challenges.
Positive and Passionate – The positive impact we have on our residents’ lives should never be underestimated and we ask that all colleagues bring a positive mindset to work and are passionate about what they do and the impact they make.
Striving – ambitious, raring to go and driven to do their job
Ready to communicate – to be a great team player, you must be able communicate effectively, this means talking and listening with paid respect.
Foresight – always helping to drive the business forward and think ahead
N.B. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, which will include verification of rights to work in the UK and employment history, as well as a Disclosure and Barring Service check.